Volunteers Wanted: We are in need of BIG Hearts to help us rescue LITTLE Dogs!
Arizona Chihuahua Rescue (AZCR) is in need of loving foster homes for our Chihuahuas. If you are a small dog lover, fostering is a wonderful way to bring comfort to the life of one of these very special little dogs.
AZCR has customized our foster program to make it easier than ever to foster. We partner with you to find the perfect foster dog for you and your lifestyle and provide you with all of the support that you may require along the entire way of your fostering journey.
Here’s how it works:
1. You provide: a temporary place for an AZCR Chihuahua to crash, food, water and lots of love.
2. You receive: Some basic supplies, veterinary care, any support and guidance necessary during your fostering journey and endless love from your foster chi.
Can’t foster, but still want to help?
We are also in need of volunteers to assist with data entry, internet and social media networking, transportation, help at adoption events, and other tasks. We, and the Chis, welcome any help you want to give!
Here’s how to get started! Please fill out our volunteer form or email our Foster Volunteer Coordinator (Rescue@AzChihuahuaRescue.org ) with questions. We will then contact you to make all the necessary follow up arrangements and answer any of your questions.
Fostering for AZCR General Info
Foster Homes are responsible for the following
- Providing adequate food, water, shelter and kind treatment of the dogs
- Making appointments and transporting the dogs to and from vet appointments (after obtaining approval from Board member)-AZCR pays for all approved medical costs to AZCR approved vets. You must use one of the AZCR approved veterinarians.
- Monitoring the health of the dogs
- Notifying AZCR of any health or behavioral problems
- Taking foster dogs to the regular and special adoption events (for list of current regular adoption events please CLICK HERE) Then click on the adoption events link on the left side of home page
- Taking photos of foster dogs, writing their bio’s and getting them to the proper person to add to our website.
- Reviewing applications, doing home checks & taking dogs to meet prospective adoptive families
- Getting all medical, shelter, adoption and other paperwork as well as all adoption fee’s collected to the designated AZCR person
Requirements of Family/Home (not all, but to give you an idea)
- The fosters own personal animals (dogs/cats) must be spayed/neutered and kept up to date on vaccines
- If the yard is fenced, the fence must be secure enough to keep a Chihuahua from slipping out. Any open spaces must be made secure
- If the home has a pool, the dog’s access to the pool area must be blocked/secure when the dog is unattended
- If residence is a rental, we must have written documentation from landlord that the foster has permission/approval to foster for us.
- If there is a HO Association involved, we must have written documentation from the Association (or management firm) that the foster has permission/approval to foster for us.
Once approved, your first foster would come from one of our other fosters’ homes, a dog that is already fully vetted and ready to attend events – so as to ease you into our methods. You should let us know you if you prefer to take a female, male, pup, senior, etc. foster.
Please email our Foster Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com, or call (480) 844-2447) for more information or fill out the application below.