**This is a courtesy post. Dot is not currently in our rescue so please contact the person directly.
Dot is a 6 year old, spayed, female Chihuahua. Two years ago she was adopted through the Humane Society of Yuma. Her owner returned her because the owner said they did not bond.
Dot will need a special home who is looking to save a life and not in need of a lap dog. Here are the wonderful things we have found out about Dot while in our care the last couple months:
– gets along great with other small dogs
– loves treats, soft beds and blankets
– enjoys laying in the sun and rolling in the grass
– is fearful of people, but does well with routine and other confident dogs to follow
– will let you pet her on the ground, does not like to be held
– seems to have the typical Chihuahua knee/hip issues
– does not do well on leash
– enjoys just hanging out on the couch or in her bed
Ultimately, Dot will need a family that wants to provide a safe, quite, calm home for her to relax and have friends. She will not do well in a home that expects her to be cuddled, taken places or carried. She is who she is and she is simply beautiful. Save a life, adopt!
Pleas email Jen for more information.